It's no secret that the COVID-19 pandemic has had an adverse impact on the job market, and none more so than the nail and beauty industry. The guidelines issued by the NHS and restrictions enacted by the government all over the country, basically stifled nail technicians and beauty therapists as people could no longer go outside and get their treatments done.
Imagine regular nail clients going over 3 weeks without having their nails done – impossible right? This subsequently saw many beauty specialists lose their jobs.
If you are a nail technician among the millions of people affected by the coronavirus pandemic and are looking to build your skills or looking to start a new career in this fabulous industry, then you are in the right place.
Given how dynamic this creative industry is with new products and trends, building up your portfolio as a nail technician becomes that more important. This read takes a look at how you can expand your portfolio with some of the top nail courses we have to offer.
What qualifications do you need to become a nail technician?
To become a professional nail technician in the UK, you need to hold accredited qualifications to be able to gain insurance and start working on clients. This will entail you organising an apprenticeship or taking courses to learn the correct skills. To provide satisfactory nail services to clients, you’ll require a certain amount of understanding, skills, and knowledge of nail enhancements e.g., electric filing, forms, acrylic, and gel.
If you’re thinking about embarking on a career in the beauty business, accredited qualifications will assist you to stand out from other candidates and will open up a range of career alternatives whether that’s starting your very own salon, getting employed in a nail bar, spa, high-end salon, or even on a cruise liner. Having accredited qualifications like those by The Guild and ABT will also enable you to get professional insurance and will enable you to practice your trade legally.
Which nail course is best?
When it comes to which nail course is best? The answer solely depends on what you want to pursue. All of our courses are certified and fully accredited, so we are confident that all the courses in our program are the best. Some of the courses we offer include:
- Manicure & Pedicure; Here you’ll learn the proper procedures to treat natural nails. You’ll be taught the correct ways of shaping and cleaning the nails and the right techniques for pedicures and manicures. Additionally, you’ll learn how to do a proper foot and hand massage. This course is an excellent starting point if you are looking to proceed and train in Acrylic nail extensions or a Gel Polish diploma.
- Acrylic Nail Extension; Acrylic nails are a very popular style of nail enhancement. This is largely because they are very durable, strong, and natural. If you are looking to master Acrylic nail application, our professional nail techs will tutor you through the techniques of applying these nail extensions to deliver a high-quality service to clients. This course is one of our one day courses.
- Gel Extensions; Gel extensions have received traction of late and have proven to be a good substitute to acrylic extensions. They are natural-looking, odourless, and come in different colours and varieties. Gel extensions are glossy and hard-wearing. Clients are sure to love the aesthetic appeal and touch of these natural-appearing nails.
- Manicure; This is an essential skill to have as a nail specialist. Most established nail technicians begin with this course and generally entail learning nail preparation techniques like filing and cutting, painting with varnish, cuticle work, and hand massage.
- Sculpting Nail Diploma; Sculpting nails is a great skill to acquire as a nail artist as it will teach you how to extend a client’s nails without using glue, extensions, or tips while minimising damage to natural nails.
How much does a nail technician course cost?
The tuition fee for a nail technician course is not set at a flat rate and depends on the sort of course you choose. You can look through each of our nail courses to see if the course you’re looking for is in line with your budget. You can be sure that we have the ideal course just for you!
We also have some great intensive package to choose from, this saves you money and can be completed over 3 or 4 days.
The average costs of some of our top courses include:
- Manicure & Pedicure (£175)
- Acrylic Nail Extension (£150)
- Gel Extensions (£150)
- Manicure and Gel Diploma (£175)
- Sculpting Nail Diploma - Acrylic or gel (£150)
Are online nail courses any good?
No – We don’t recommend online nail courses. Given that this is a practical course, you need a more personal and hands-on approach to acquire a certain nail skill. Regardless of whether you are a complete novice or an experienced nail technician looking to grow your skills, chances are that you are bound to do something wrong in the process of learning.
We understand this, which is we have a team of qualified specialists to provide guidance to students whenever they stray. Our experienced tutors are always on hand to assist you through every module and follow your progress throughout the entire course. Your work will be evaluated and rectified if need be. Upon completing the course, you’ll be a fully-fledged nail technician with the necessary experience and professional training you require to practice your trade.
You really can’t get this experience with an online nail course.
How long is a nail course?
The duration of every course varies and ranges between 1 to 4 days depending the type of course you select. When you enrol in one of our training courses, we will send out your comprehensive training manuals for you to begin some of your theory work at home.
Get In Touch And Enrol TODAY!
With vaccines proving to be effective, you should look to get back in the field with an added set of skills that solidifies your position in the beauty industry. And we can help you achieve that endeavour. Begin your journey to becoming a fully-pledged Nail Technician with our wide selection of expert nail courses!
Our Training Facilities are OPEN and are providing accredited courses taught one to one with social distancing & strict COVID-19 measures put in place.
To learn more on how to become a certified nail technician, contact us TODAY!
Visit our nail courses on https://bcbeautytraining.co.uk/courses/nail-courses or should you have any questions please call us on 01273 502227